I can't believe it's been 3 years since Caleb has joined our family. He definitely has characteristics that are his own. The other day when I took him shopping to see what he wanted for his birthday, as we were walking up and down the aisles in the toy section, the first thing he said (as he was pointing to a toy) was "I need to get this for Jonah, and batman for dad." I told him that we were b
uying presents for him for his birthday, but he still wanted me to buy for everyone else as well. He was so cute and it was so precious that he was thinking about others on his birthday.
The other memorable moment was when we went over to the party supply store for a few decorations for our family party, when Caleb comes running up to me and pointing up toward the ceiling and said, "Look mom, it's me." I wasn't quite sure what he was talking about, but as I looked up I saw. Around
the upper edge of the wall, there is a ledge all the way around and on that ledge are life-size cutouts of different characters (like yoda, princess Leia, or batman). Well, the one he was pointing to was of the Peanuts character Linus. It had Linus holding his blue blanket (which for any of you who have seen Caleb for a long period of time, will know that he cannot go anywhere without
his "baby" as he calls it). He put the nickname we have given him and the picture together and was so excited to show me that there was a picture of him. It was one of the cutest things I've seen.
We celebrated his birthday yesterday so that Rey would be a part of the festivities (since he works at night during the week). After church, I had the boys go into their rooms and take a nap (well, the nap didn't happen, but at lea
st they stayed up there while I decorated the room). When Caleb walks down and sees the balloons, he says "Mom, it's the best birthday I've ever had!" He was excited to have balloons and decorations up for him.
Caleb chose to have spaghetti for dinner and chose a blue cake. Jen, Vii and Nathan came over to help celebrate with us. He was so excited to open his presents. One of the traditions since we've been up here in Utah is silly stringing the birthday person. He did get it, but he wasn't liking it much. Once the presents were open, he got to blow out the candles of his spiderman cake. He didn't each much cake (which for Caleb is a HUGE thing) because he was so excited to play with his toys. I imagine from how he was acting, he really enjoyed his birthday.
0 comments:
Post a Comment