Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas 2008

Our traditional Christmas Eve continued on this year. The Uigaese Family and the Marvive Family joined together and watched the movie "The Polar Express". Before we watched the movie, each of the boys got to open one of their gifts from Grandpa & Grandma.

Well, Christmas was a white one for us...but not an uneventful one. The day started out with the kids opening their presents. They were excited to receive lots of new things. After what seemed like an eternity opening gifts, we ate our traditional waffles, ice cream and strawberries...YUM! Because it was snowing all day, we pretty much stayed inside and enjoyed our new things.

This year, I decided to get crafty and make some gifts. I chose a fabric for each of the boys (excluding Logan) and made them each aprons so they can start helping in the kitchen a little while Rey or I are cooking. Here is a picture of their aprons...there will definitely be some altering, but they turned out better than I thought.

Later that day, I left to go get some batteries at the store and was immediately called back because Caleb had hurt his ear. I went home and saw the damage and there was blood over his clothes, pillow and ear. I went to the instacare with him, but of course, they were not open. My other alternative was the ER...I wasn't sure if it was that bad but I didn't want to not take him in case it got worse, so I got myself a second opinion from Vii's niece who is a nurse. From her opinion, I decided to go. It was still oozing when we got there. The doctor came in and looked at him and looked at the cut on his forehead (which happened the day before when slipping on the ice at the zoo). I told him it was the ear and then proceeded to have it cleaned and then decided to glue it instead...imagine that, another use for superglue. He told us he could have done stitches, but it felt this would be a better option given the area of the injury and the age of the injured. I was fine with that, as long as it would heal properly.

1 comments:

Mom/Sandy said...

So I still couldn't figure out how he cut his ear. And what about that lump on his forehead. He seems to be accident prone. I'm so sorry!!!

 

Made by Lena