It's gardening time!!! YEAH!!! I'm so excited to be able to make my house appear more beautiful than it is. I've been working on "excavating" my front flower garden and the flower garden, aka "the jungle", on the side of my driveway. It has over grown itself and I am still in the process of tearing out everything and starting with a fresh clean slate. There were several rose bushes, 3 of which I've already dug out (but not without a struggle), and there were
other bushes of different types as well as weeds of EVERY type that I have to remove.
I have been working each day it's been nice out to try and get a handle on it, but it seems to be a never-ending project. Today though was a huge mile stone for me. For any of you who've been to the front of my house recently, my front flower bed was overgrown with weeds...so bad that I couldn't tell where the good flowers started or ended. So I did a complete overhaul. I transplanted the 4 boxwoo
d plants that Dad & Jake planted last year to the side flower bed and weeded everything else.
I was able to start with an empty garden, so I had to let my creative juices flow. Although I put all the perennials in, I'm still going to add some annuals in the front portion. That will follow soon, but at least I can look at the front of my house and feel some accomplishment.
0 comments:
Post a Comment