Friday, August 28, 2009

Jonah's First Day of Kindergarten

It seems so crazy to think I've been married long enough to have a child in Kindergarten. Wow! Jonah has been looking forward to going to school for a long time and the time has finally come. I tried to get him to bed early last night, but that didn't happen. I think he was too excited to go to sleep. I was sure in the morning he was going to be exhausted, but when I woke him up, he was happy to get ready. He picked out his outfit for school by himself and was excited to wear his new clothes and shoes.

The day started off with breakfast and a father's blessing. We gave Jonah the option of having one before scho
ol, or on Sunday night...he wanted it before. So Rey gave him one and he sat through it the whole time without moving. It was amazing. It The whole family walked Jonah (and Jake) to school this morning. It felt good doing it with the family. I don't get to do it often since I work at 6:00 in the morning and very rarely get to see them wake up during the week. So it was a bonus to be able to have the day off and do this with the family. Since it's a Friday, their school has shortened day on Fridays, so his class was only there from 8:10am - 10:10am.

When we got close to school, Jake left immediately (probably because it's not "cool" to have your parents with you) and so the rest of us went to the area where the Kindergarten students line up and wait for their teacher. Caleb was soooo excited for Jonah that he had to bring his backpack too. I know he wanted to go with Jonah so bad. We let Logan run around with all the other kids and at one point, lined up against the wall with all the other new students. The aide asked him if he was going to start school and he said no. It was cute.

When the Logan, Caleb and I went to go pick up Jona
h, we were all excited to be able to see how he liked it. His teacher, Ms. Michaelis, walked them out to the Kindergarten doors and he came out wearing a party hat and playing with a noise maker thingy. He had a huge smile on his face. He had so much fun. As we were walking home, he said, "I have soo many new friends, Mom!" and he was so proud of that. He would say, "Bye dude" to some of the other boys. I was deeply enjoying him enjoying the whole "school" thing. Afterwards, Caleb, Logan, Jonah & I went to get an ice cream cone to celebrate his first day of school. They were so excited to have the treat. Caleb told us that he couldn't wait for his first day of school so he could have an ice cream cone.

0 comments:

 

Made by Lena